Design Research Methodology - Final Compilation & Reflection

23/04/2024- 23/07/2024 (week 1 - week 15)
Liang Lina 0347076
Design Research Methodology
Bachelor of Design (Honours) in Creative Media 

INSTRUCTIONS



Task 1 - Proposal:


Task 2 - Critical Review:


Task 3 - Primary Data:


Task 4 - Final Report、Research Reflection  and Recorded Presentation :




Youtobe Link: https://youtu.be/apaZni8U5kw


Tutorial Feedback:



Experience
The Design Research Methodology course was my first time writing a dissertation, and I had no exposure to dissertations at all before this. And because I came to this course after I re-selected my classes in the first week, I was in a state of confusion in WEEK2, WEEK3, but fortunately, Dr. Jinchi is a very good teacher, she will guide you seriously, correct your problems, prompt you how you should do it, and she gave me a lot of encouragement and support during this semester. So through this semester, I have learnt a lot about essays and branding. This plays an important role in my personal and future professional study.

Observation
Through this semester, I have discovered many things that I need to pay special attention to when writing a dissertation. In Task 1, it was observed that it is important to be specific about the thesis title, purpose, etc., and that being too vague may make it difficult to proceed with the thesis later on. In Task 2, Dr. Jinchi said that Critical Review should ensure that the article is relevant to the research topic, which is more conducive to research and analysis. In Task 3, it is very important to read as much as possible to add an argument to our own viewpoint, or to an existing viewpoint. We should try to explain why and how, and use other people's viewpoints to support my viewpoint, rather than the empty I think, I feel. When supported by the literature, our argument has a supporting point.


Findings
In the middle of the semester, I think I got some better results, at the very least my knowledge of essays has increased and I have a better understanding of branding, which will definitely help me in the rest of my studies. Although I encountered a lot of difficulties in task3, I basically overcame them through Dr jinchi's guidance.













Comments